Important Info for CompTIA A+ 220-901 Exam
The CompTIA 220-901 certification exam is what every IT professional would want to earn. It is an IT industry standard for developing a foundation in your IT career. If you are able to complete the ITcertification, then the IT industry is open for you to explore areas where you can fit it in. The industry is growing day by day and needs professionals who meet the current requirements in the industry. In this article we will tell you everything about:
- What CompTIA is?
- What certifications does CompTIA provide?
- What is The CompTIA 220-901 Exam all about?
- How can you prepare for the exam?
- Why is the exam so popular?
- And what else can you do after the exam?
So, What Is CompTIA?
CompTIA stands for Computing Technology Industry Association. It is a not for profit trade association that issues certificates for the information technology industry. It was established in 1982 and is headquartered in Illinois, the USA. CompTIA has issued over 2.2 million certificates since its establishment. It has got plenty of certification programs that are used by HRs to hire people suited for the IT job. It has got certification programs for people from all walks of life- students, teachers, veterans, government officials, educators.
What Are the Certifications That CompTIA Offers?
There is a range of CompTIA certifications from IT fundamentals, cybersecurity to cloud computing. Currently, they have got more than 12 certification programs. We have listed some below:
- Information Security
- Network and Cloud Technologies
- Hardware, Service and Infrastructure
- It management and Strategy
- Web and Mobile
- Software Development
What Is CompTIA 220-901?
ExamSnap: CompTIA A+ 220-901 220-902 Network+ N10-007 Security+ SY0-501 is to prepare for the first exam towards passing the CompTIA A+ certification. The name CompTIA 220-901 is just the exam code. CompTIA A+ is the qualification mark for technical support and IT operational roles. The course includes PC repair and troubleshooting but has many more things beyond that too. Candidates opting this certification can better troubleshoot and solve PC problems. They can understand the variety of issues involving networking, operating systems, mobile devices and security.
What Are the Skills That One Will Master With CompTIA A+?
If you opt for the CompTIA 220-901 exam you will be confident in the following areas:
- Basics of Hardware-
- You will have a good knowledge of different hardware components like keyboard, mouse, printers, joysticks, webcams, Bluetooth devices, connectors, ports, motherboards, memory, cables, CPUs, BIOS.
- You will know the usage of those components and would know how to use them.
- You would be able to connect different hardware components and devices.
- Basics Windows Operating System
- You will learn the installation process of windows OS.
- You will be familiar with windows command line interface
- Basics Handle software issues
- If any problem occurs in the PC’s software, you will be able to troubleshoot them.
- Basics of Networking
- You will know what networking is.
- You will be able to explain different types of networks.
- You will learn the network models like TCP/IP, WIFI, SOHO and will able to understand Open Systems Interconnection model as well
- You will know how to handle network issue and troubleshoot hardware issues as well.
- Basics of Security
You will be able to identify security vulnerabilities for devices and network connections and find out ways to improve the security.
6. Learn about other Operating Systems and technologies like mac OS, Linux, and mobile OS.
How Can You Prepare for the Exam?
First of all, you will have to choose this certification from CompTIA’s official website. Then you will have two options- either to opt online learning from CertMaster or choose the classroom training option. Both the options will be right in front of your screen. CertMaster is an intelligent online learning tool that can help you prepare very well for the A+ exam. You will have to sign up for that. If you don’t like the online learning idea then the classroom leaning option is still there, you will have to search your nearest classroom location from the website itself. Together with online courses, study the most updated 220-901 exam dumps that perfectly suit you. Try to find the valid ones.
Details About the Exam
We have already mentioned the things that the exam covers in the skills section above in detail. The exam will have a maximum of 90 questions. It will be a multiple-choice question exam which includes single and multiple responses, drags and drops and on-screen performance-based environments. The length of the test is 90 minutes. For the CompTIA 220-901 exam, you will have to score 675 on a scale of 900 to pass. One needs to complete 2 exams to get CompTIA A+ certification: one is CompTIA 220-901 and the second one is CompTIA 220-902. CompTIA 220-901 covers PC hardware, connectivity, networking mobile devices and the latter one includes Operating Systems, Linux, security and other stuff. You can take this exam in a variety of languages like English, German, Portuguese, French and Spanish.
Why Is the Exam So Popular?
The main driving force behind this certification is that it is for beginners. The exam is not very tough, and anybody can crack it. It helps the candidates boost their confidence and make way for them to learn other advanced technical stuffs. The other good thing about the certifications provided by CompTIA are that they need to be renewed every three years. The reason behind that technology changes very rapidly and the professionals must keep themselves up to date. Therefore, they can take the new certifications again and make themselves stand out with the existing technologies.
What Else Can You Do After the Exam?
You can go for some other higher certifications. And you can also make yourself updated with newer technologies. Or, you can apply for internships programs in different companies.
There are plenty of opportunities waiting for you out there. All you need to do is see what skills you have and what improvements you can make so that you can get your favorite. CompTIA’s certifications are the foundations that help you build a solid IT career.